• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RePost: DeeZee "running board steps" as rock guards?

redxjjoe

NAXJA Forum User
30 of you'all looked but left no comments. Anybody else??

My XJ (4-door) came with funky DeeZee "running board" steps. Has anyone upgraded (strengthened, modified) DeeZee's to make them qualify as rock guards? If so, any pics or suggestions aside from tearing them off and starting over?

redxjjoe said:
30 of you'all looked but left no comments. Anybody else??

My XJ (4-door) came with funky DeeZee "running board" steps. Has anyone upgraded (strengthened, modified) DeeZee's to make them qualify as rock guards? If so, any pics or suggestions aside from tearing them off and starting over?
I do think I have seen or read anyone do what you are requesting. That's probably why no one has posted. I can only suggest that you look at pictures of rock rails and see if you can fix up those running boards. Personnally I would say start from scratch and ditch them, I had to say it. ;)

You may be able to make rock rails that look like DeeZee running boards, but I don't think you could make DeeZee running boards strong enough to handle rock rail requirements. i.e. use as a jack point or land on a rock full force without bending.

RR3

Back