NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > Modified Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Modified Tech Discussion Forum for Tech related discussion for Modified XJ's and MJ's.

Old June 23rd, 2019, 19:51
NAXJA Forum User

My XJ's Big Boy Stage II

Alright so finished this weekend in a good note. Not where I wanted to be but not bad. Got the axle brackets and links burned in and it all back under the Jeep on its own weight on the coilovers. Carefully got it loaded onto the trailer and over to my buddyís place and got the crossmember burned in. Then pulled it in to get the front coilovers done. I had opted to just order pre bent tubes rather than bend them myself just for time sake. Got the hoops are mounted and tacked in everything seems to fit pretty good. Will probably be back over there Tuesday to finish burning it all in and start on a hoop brace. Still need to weld in my atlas support, run my battery cables, mount my battery box all before this coming Saturday. I want to take it for a test run before I take it all the way to Harlan for the 4th of July.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old June 23rd, 2019, 20:04
NAXJA Forum User

Re: My XJ's Big Boy Stage II

Looking good. What size coilovers you using on the front? Looks like you had it way easier than how I had to mount mine.
Old June 23rd, 2019, 20:10
NAXJA Forum User

My XJ's Big Boy Stage II

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippled View Post
Looking good. What size coilovers you using on the front? Looks like you had it way easier than how I had to mount mine.

Running 14s up front and 12Ē in the rear. I was a little worried about it with the dodge master cylinder but we got it to work.

Old June 26th, 2019, 21:07
NAXJA Forum User

My XJ's Big Boy Stage II

Alright so final stretches now. Coilover hoops are burned in and brace bar is made and welded in too. Itís fixed for now but when and if the time comes to pull the motor out Iíll cut the tube and weld in flanges so that it can go back in. Got the battery box mounted as well and the main power wire ran to the front. My tnt fender plates came in today as well. Not sure if Iíll get to those before Harlan but weíll see. All thatís left now is to remount all my under hood components, actually hook the battery up, wire up my shifter to the TCM, exhaust, set springs and charge coilovers and then finally bolt check and reinstall fenders and front clip. Not sure how my testing will go if I even test it or just let it ride but will try to drop it off at an exhaust shop Monday to get that taken care of then hopefully button up and roll out Thursday around 1 for Harlan.

Old July 7th, 2019, 12:12
NAXJA Forum User

Well I saw this thing on beat not babied.... Did you go full send or what?
Old July 7th, 2019, 15:32
NAXJA Forum User

My XJ's Big Boy Stage II

Well I did pull it all together and headed to Harlan Thursday afternoon. The weekend went extremely great until Saturday. During the lower rock garden shootout I launched the front end a little too hard on the last ledge and broke both coilover tabs sending both them through my hood. All fixable but still frustrating. All in all though the Jeep did really well. Still have a few kinks to work out in the rear and I have to cover up some of the holes in my floor along with the front coilovers and she should be good.

Old July 8th, 2019, 17:58
NAXJA Forum User

Holy carnage batman!!!!
Old July 9th, 2019, 07:22
NAXJA Forum User

My XJ's Big Boy Stage II

Dayum!!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old September 8th, 2019, 15:43
NAXJA Forum User

My XJ's Big Boy Stage II

Well after a few months Iím finally getting back to this thing. Have had a lot going on and till Labor Day it had still been sitting on the trailer. I was leaving it there so I could take it to my buddyís shop to fix the shocks but he hasnít had space yet. So I decided to pull it off and get to work on all the other small things I need to do. Have everything else done and let the fixing of the shocks and tabs be last. That way Iím at least making progress. So far Iíve gotten my steering reservoir bracket straightened back out and the passenger side inner fender cut out and the new tnt inner fender placed in.. need to make a little trim cuts to fit the way Iíd like then Iíll weld it in and get to the other side.

Old September 13th, 2019, 22:59
NAXJA Forum User

Dude you are awesome.
Lo e your build constant build and upgrade everything everywhere.
Old September 19th, 2019, 12:57
NAXJA Forum User

Sure hope you installed some bump stops
Old September 19th, 2019, 15:56
NAXJA Forum User

I hope you got a chuckle out of those looking out the hood.
Old September 19th, 2019, 19:47
NAXJA Forum User

My XJ's Big Boy Stage II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan03 View Post
Dude you are awesome.
Lo e your build constant build and upgrade everything everywhere.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
Sure hope you installed some bump stops

Not yet but will be doing that before it goes out next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4JeePmaNthINg View Post
I hope you got a chuckle out of those looking out the hood.

I sure did lol. Sucks but itís part of the game so have to find the humor in it sometimes.

Old November 2nd, 2019, 18:50
NAXJA Forum User

My XJ's Big Boy Stage II

Finally got the Jeep over to my buddyís place today to get these shock mounts fixed. Got some new tabs cut out already and will probably get those on sometime this week. Then it will be bumpstop time. I will probably mount something temporary for now till I can get some air bumps, just to keep this issue from happening again. Then it will be back to the house for suspension tear down and reinstall. I have to take down my links tighten the jam nuts paint them and put them back in. I also have to rerun and permanently attach the brake lines on my rear axle. Should be good to go after that. Also picked up something else to take more of my money and time.. been wanting one for a good while now and finally found one that wasnít rusted out and 10+hrs away so scooped it up. 1981 AMC Eagle SX/4. Not sure what Iím doing with it yet but if I do keep it should be a fun little ride.

Old November 4th, 2019, 05:06
NAXJA Forum User

My XJ's Big Boy Stage II

New shock tabs are cut and cleaned.. will probably try to set them up sometime this week and get the Jeep on itís own shocks. Then will come up with some kind of bump stops. I will eventually be on air bumps all the way around but for now just going to come up with something cheap that works.