• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WJ intake heat insulation shield

OverlandZJ

NAXJA Member # 101
When i swapped in the new engine to the Mrs WJ there was a heat shield on top of the manifold, i'd like to get a new one.

I found mention of this in plenty of searches but no part number. Dealership was no help..

Anyone have the part number? Figured some here might have used one to combat heat soak on their rig?

that foil/insulator thing was part of a recall or tsb(don't exactly remember), so it doesn't have a "regular" part number.
ask for part number cbxcb060. that should be what you're looking for.

That was the correct part number.. it was found exactly the way you described.. through a TSB. They call it a deris shield.

$4 per... my bud orderd 10 through his local dealer. We each have 4 Jeeps..

That debris shield was related to some engine fires due to crap stacking up around cylinder #3.

There was also a vapor lock tsb on the v8, hot days it didn't like to restart...it involved sleeves for the injectors, but the fuel rail system was the issue as the fuel traveled all the way around to get to the second side.

That debris shield was related to some engine fires due to crap stacking up around cylinder #3.
correct
There was also a vapor lock tsb on the v8, hot days it didn't like to restart...it involved sleeves for the injectors, but the fuel rail system was the issue as the fuel traveled all the way around to get to the second side.
I think you mean on the 4.0L, which is common to all 00+ 4.0Ls

correct
I think you mean on the 4.0L, which is common to all 00+ 4.0Ls

It was a problem on the 4.7L too. On hot days/hot starts you'd have to run WOT to get it to fire. The fuel rail started on one side and wrapped all the way around, so by the time it reached the second side in the back, it was hot as hell.

There were a few guys that solved fuel temp issues on them by running custom dual rail/duel feed fuel rail setups where the two sides were separated.

He means the v8's, the fuel rail is u shaped, fuel enters on drivers side and it's returnless system. The fuel gets HOT by the time it reaches the last few injectors on the passenger side.

It was a problem on the 4.7L too. On hot days/hot starts you'd have to run WOT to get it to fire. The fuel rail started on one side and wrapped all the way around, so by the time it reached the second side in the back, it was hot as hell.
Wow. Never knew that. We have had two 4.7L V8s, one HO one non and never ran into that issue. Odd. Do you know if there was any kind of TSB for it?

Back