• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

More Pittman arm drop?

splitkooks

shredder
NAXJA Member
My quick disconnects contact my drag link when turning to passenger, the Jeep already has a drop Pittman arm, but I think I need more of a drop for clearance when turning. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to go about correcting this?

QtgCuhp.jpg

wkAQ0qh.jpg

IoBQ1Cf.jpg

6XQcVNS.jpg

CjKRbqw.jpg

CL3h3QM.jpg

:flame::flame::flame:

Well steering/trackbar angles are the most critical so relocating the sway bar mount is the right thing to do.

So what is the best way to accomplish this then? Buying some weld on disconnect brackets that will change where they connect? I'm assuming there are no bolt-on solutions for this

Thanks y'all!

how far are you from the steering stops?

if you want a cheap fix... pull the axle rearward if you have room at full compression (or bump stop accordingly) or throw more castor at it if your driveline allows. doesnt look like you need much to clear.

So what is the best way to accomplish this then? Buying some weld on disconnect brackets that will change where they connect? I'm assuming there are no bolt-on solutions for this

Thanks y'all!

I've never seen a "bolt-on" one, just weld-on types.

Took a long looksee last night, and concluded I should be able to reach full over if I flip my disconnect and trim the exposed bolt a bit. Still need to get a swaybar spacer to get the coils more clearance too, so hopefully I'll be able to share the results next week!

You got a leaky right axles seal. I found the seals Just Differentials sells is a good seal for here. Other brands of that seal such as National and BCA have a very dilicate lip that too easily folds over on on install. The brand Just Differentials sells is better, better ramp angle on the inner lip.

This applies to the disco eliminator seal used with after market axles, one piece right inner axle

Back