• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hack & tap recommended driveshaft length

Pnwxj808

NAXJA Forum User
Thinking about buying a hack & tap from iron rock off road and I wanted to know what size drive shaft is recommended for it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best thing to do is measure for it after the install

What kinda car are putting your SYE onto ? Axle/transmission/transfer case/lift size ?

Scroll down to the bottom of this exact page and see if you can answer your own question ?

There are instructions with the kit. I used a front from and Auto XJ. I just sqeezed that in on a 4.5 lift and a 8-1/4 axle. You cut down the length of the spline shaft of the TC.

I remember the min lift should be 4.5". I use an auto front drive shat for mine. I had a 8-1/4 axle at that time. I had to cut the TC shaft to the min speced in the instructions of 1-1/8" of spline. As I remember, you take the extended length of the driveshaft you are going to use and -1". That should be the length between the center of the axle yoke and the yoke you will be installing on the TC shaft. I think the distance of the center on the HnT yoke is .750-1" from its center to the surface where it will contact the TC shaft. I can't remember if the manual front driveshaft is longer or shorter. Also, IRO and others sell custom length driveshafts.

Last edited:
I'd recommend skipping the H-n-T and getting the HD SYE.

Back