• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JK D44

techno1154

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I have on the way a JK D44 rear axle to replace the OEM XJ D44 there now. I am trying to find spring perch and shock mount. So far I have located spring perch at Iron Rock Off-road. Shock mounts, I have a new set of the JKS OGS922.

My XJ is sporting 4.5" lift. I am looking for ideas regarding shock selection. Right now those same style of shock mounts are on the axle and 8 inch travel shocks of which I use about 7.5 inches. I would like to have 8 to 10 inches of travel. Shock mount placement will be critical depending on the length of shock I select. I want to weld once. Which comes first,

Get shocks then mounts to attachment them or,

Weld on some mounts then get shocks?

I have an IRO D44 XJ axle truss sitting on the shelf more than 10 years ago painted of course to keep away the Florida Sea blast rust. This will be good time to weld it on. I may have to do some custom fitting to accommodate the center section I do not know for sure since I am not familiar with the JK D44.

Decide on a mount and install. Just keep them in line with the axle tube, not hanging below like the stock mounts.

Then measure for shocks

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Decide on a mount and install. Just keep them in line with the axle tube, not hanging below like the stock mounts.

Then measure for shocks

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

That is great advice. I will definitely lean towards doing just that.

Back