• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where are the power seat cable runs under the carpet?

Vince

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
My '93 failed annual safety inspection on inoperable driver's seat adjustment. I forgot to check it as I am the only driver and once it is set I don't need to adjust it. I have got both power seats working temporarily for the repair using a separate battery. I used contact cleaner spray on the switches and gave them a good wiggle to get them working. The motors and switch gear are fine now.

My problem is that both seat power feeds that emerge from the carpet are dead. I have a RHD and the 1993 FSM is poorly documented for RHD variations. My Jeep has a completely different fuse panel (28 sockets) than a LHD but this is only partially documented in the 1994 FSM with RHD supplements. I had to use a 1995 FSM with RHD supplements to find that the 30 amp fuse in position 1 feeds the seats.

Some of my Jeep's electricals are in the LHD places, some are not. If someone can tell me where the LHD seat power feed runs starting from the seat base and working back to the fuse panel that would be great.

I would like to avoid having to strip out all of my trim, seats and carpet if I can. I want to check if I have a disconnected plug or a broken wire.

I have removed the left seat and left side lower trim today.

C201 is my fuse panel
C247 is supposed to be in the left kick panel, but may be in the right
S303 is supposed to be by the left B pillar base but I can't see it, this could be on the right.
G301 is supposed to be in the left quarter panel, I will check and clean tomorrow. The chime module uses this ground and it still chimes.

Feel your pain. I hate that we can't get an accurate fuse diagram for Rhd. Mine had powerless turn signals when I bought it despite all the fuses were good. Flasher has to be bad but for the life of me I can't find it. Ended up having to run a new power source. My seat still more or less works, crazy that that will make it fail inspection! The only inspection I ever had to have for mine was that the vin plate matched the title when I bought it, kansas is probably the most lenient state when it comes to cars. If it's over 35 years old you dont even need a title, just a bill of sale or an affidavit to the fact that you own it.

I found the flasher on mine. Hmm... not sure if that was the '93 or the 2001 now. I will check tomorrow in daylight. I have started labelling my factory wiring as I go which hopefully will make things easier.

Our annual inspection gets progressively worse each year. They do at least publish the inspection rules and give guidance notes for examiners and owners so it's a reasonably fair process. The rules say the driver's seat must be properly adjusted for correct pedal operation. I guess it was part of the brake tests.

We also have a vintage vehicle exemption. Sadly, it only applies to unmodified vehicles. I am legally obliged to declare all modifications to my insurer every year. My Jeeps are already excluded from the vintage scheme. I will always have to put them through annual testing.

Back