• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

magical xj

90xj06

NAXJA Forum User
every time its time to get inspected my reverse lights work. but right when i get back home they stop. spooky then refuse to work until the day i need it inspected. till then i never have lights. its like it takes 365 days to "recharge" them to make them work.

more than likely your neutral safety switch needs to be cleaned. if this is an auto there was a write up on here some where and you can clean it yourself.

Hmmm...if that is exactly correct, that your reverse lights only work once a year, then I suspect its not what you think.

How do you know your reverse lights are not working when you think they arent working?

Is the key switched ON when you select reverse position?

Is someone standing behind the Jeep checking the lights?

Maybe the light lenses are fogged with moisture and you just cant tell they are working at night?

The Neutral Safety switch definitely has the reverse circuit in it, and it cured my problems when I cleaned mine.

i have put a light in by my left knee with a manual switch occasionally it will go on but its kind of a hit or miss. i could be out there all day trying to get the darn thing off the tranny and then 3 days later they work. i may have exaggerated in when they work but every time i need a sticker they work.
i have tried to get the nss off and gave up. if i went at it any longer i would brake it or something else. so it starts up all the time. so its just seens to be the reverse function. and it doesn't start in any other gears other than park and neutral.

Back