• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to find paint to match interior?

odinvystrel

NAXJA Forum User
I own an 88 Cherokee and I need to paint some existing plastic items; as well as, some add on items. Does anybody know where to purchase paint that matches the Cherokee interiors? I'm not sure what the color is, Tan, Camel or spice

you can usually find interior trim paint or dye at a shop that handles vehicle restoration work. most often it is in a spray can.

look for a shop or parts house that handles work and/or parts for old hot rods and classic car restoration.

sometimes you can find it at your local Auto Zone, CSK, or NAPA.

hope that helps
stewie

I brought my interior color code Jeep/Y6 (Sand ... I got that from the parts manual for my '94) to NAPA and they were able to mix it for me ... seems they (and other auto stores I'm sure) have the formula for most OEM colors. Make sure to clean the plastic well with a degreaser (or denatured alcohol) and use an adhesion promoter it you want a durable and long-term result.

Back