• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

???Checking in to Serrano Campground after hours???

Cherikon

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone ever had a problem checking in to Serrano Campground after 2pm (as stated on web page)-?

Me and the wife won't be able to make it up there until around 6 or 8 pm on friday- is that going to be a problem?

What all is involved with checking in? We are towing a camper with water and electrical hook-ups.

Thanks for any help with this,

Coullt

Last edited:
You should not have a problem checking in. I would call the campground and confirm and let them know yoru reservation number and your anticipated time of arrival.

Most folks will nto be up there until after 6:00 any way.

Let them know that I'll be arriving about the same time. :) Caravan up? Anticipating leaving Santee between 4-5, unless I can convice my wife to meet me with the kids in RB then I'd be leaving from there around 5.

Mark

im looking forward to seeing a bunch of xjs on the way in to BB friday night lol. let them know quite a few people will be checking in late not just you guys :D

i have a question for you veteran BB runners. im bringing my 3 mo old daughter up with us, my wife has offered to stay in the camp with her, shes not much into wheeling, but i think she'd have fun if i could get her to go out. so what do you think? is there at least one trail that might be "baby safe"? like a more scenic route? i dont want her to get tossed around too much.

GrimmJeeper said:
im looking forward to seeing a bunch of xjs on the way in to BB friday night lol. let them know quite a few people will be checking in late not just you guys :D

i have a question for you veteran BB runners. im bringing my 3 mo old daughter up with us, my wife has offered to stay in the camp with her, shes not much into wheeling, but i think she'd have fun if i could get her to go out. so what do you think? is there at least one trail that might be "baby safe"? like a more scenic route? i dont want her to get tossed around too much.

Matty just ran Holcomb Creek with his wife and littel girl. I think she is about 5 or 6 mo old. I ran Holcomb Creek with my son when he was about 1 yr. I would not recommend you doing that trail especially ifyour wife is coming along. Mom may get a littel angry at you and never let you play with us again...

Gold Mtn is a nice one then of course there will the scenic/stocker runs. These are awesome runs with fantastic views.

The trails will be determined on Sat and Sun morning.

You'll have no problem rolling in at night. They just don't man the checkpoint at night so you drive on through and set up camp. An attendant will be by in the morning to settle up. Make sure you know your site number though ;)

If the YJ (fingers crossed) is up Ill be glad to lead a gold mountain and goof around run for those interested. Ive ran it stock so Id say it is 95% not gona get ya in trouble with the wife.

A word of advice though If shes like my wife and scares easily go slow and talk her through what your doing for some reason it seems to help. also incourage her to get out at before you start a obsticle if she feels its to much for her. there has been a few times Ive walked my fife to the top of a obsticle then let her take pics of me driving back up to get her.

dzraces said:
A word of advice though If shes like my wife and scares easily go slow and talk her through what your doing for some reason it seems to help. also incourage her to get out at before you start a obsticle if she feels its to much for her. there has been a few times Ive walked my fife to the top of a obsticle then let her take pics of me driving back up to get her.

That's dedication to a sport while being married right there! I'm glad my wife likes to spot for me though.:yelclap:

Give her the camera!

When something's too hairy for Helen - she gets out to "take pictures". She also figures that if it's too scary for HER; I probably want pictures of it!

bburge

Cherikon said:
That's dedication to a sport while being married right there! I'm glad my wife likes to spot for me though.:yelclap:
I wouldnt call it dedication I call it love. I love my wife enough to make sure she will still come out and enjoy my hobby with me without fear that Im gona make her do something she doesnt want to. Hell when I ran stock she hated going with me then the small lift came and she went more often, front locker and yet again more often and aproved the purchase of 3 more jeeps :p Im a lucky Man

dzraces said:
I wouldnt call it dedication I call it love. I love my wife enough to make sure she will still come out and enjoy my hobby with me without fear that Im gona make her do something she doesnt want to. Hell when I ran stock she hated going with me then the small lift came and she went more often, front locker and yet again more often and aproved the purchase of 3 more jeeps :p Im a lucky Man

Well said sir. That's why my wife had no problems with me getting a good quality lift for my new jeep. She has grown to appreciate the ability of what XJ's are capable of and loves going camping with me.

If I could only get her to drive it in 4lo, then we would be set.

Later,
Coullt

Cherikon said:
Well said sir. That's why my wife had no problems with me getting a good quality lift for my new jeep. She has grown to appreciate the ability of what XJ's are capable of and loves going camping with me.

If I could only get her to drive it in 4lo, then we would be set.

Later,
Coullt
I dont think my wife will ever use 4lo. Im not even sure she knows what it is yet

Ok, to steer this back on topic and avoid the bypass. I called and they said that 2pm is the "earliest" time you can check in, and that the campground will be held until 2pm the checkout day.

Back