• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

can't make up my mind

LilRedRover

NAXJA Forum User
Time to upgrade tires here soon and I can't decide what to go with... couple of things to consider however is that cops here are HUGE asshole and will give you a ticket if your tires stick outside your flares at all... I know, I've got two when I wasn't running flares. With my current 31x1050 tires and extreme alloy wheels with backspacing I have, they barely tuck under, meaning I need to stay with a 1050 or get wheels with more backspacing, which isn't really the way I want to go as it will cause rubbing on my LCA and steering compenent (aftermarket). With all that said my options seem to be:

33x1050 BFG
33x1050 TSL radials
34x1050 LTB

they all cost relatively close, with the LTB being the cheapest and BFG being the most expensive. As of right now It is a DD, but gets wheeled just about every weekend here in WV. Probably sees about 300 miles in 2 weeks or so.

LilRedRover said:
Time to upgrade tires here soon and I can't decide what to go with... couple of things to consider however is that cops here are HUGE asshole and will give you a ticket if your tires stick outside your flares at all... I know, I've got two when I wasn't running flares. With my current 31x1050 tires and extreme alloy wheels with backspacing I have, they barely tuck under, meaning I need to stay with a 1050 or get wheels with more backspacing, which isn't really the way I want to go as it will cause rubbing on my LCA and steering compenent (aftermarket). With all that said my options seem to be:

33x1050 BFG
33x1050 TSL radials
34x1050 LTB

they all cost relatively close, with the LTB being the cheapest and BFG being the most expensive. As of right now It is a DD, but gets wheeled just about every weekend here in WV. Probably sees about 300 miles in 2 weeks or so.
If it's your DD and you do any highway driving, my vote goes to the BFGs. I have a set of 32x11.50s and love them. I do around 300 miles a week on my Jeep and would hate it if I had swampers. The tires are wearing very well and actually ride better than my ProComp ATs did.

I ran the TSL radials 33x10.5. Got 33,000 out of them. I'm very hard on tires. I brake late and corner hard. I had a 56 mile, high way, round trip drive everyday for work. Would cruise at 78 mph with no problems. Everybody in the Chicagoland area likes to go just under 80. They were not as loud as the Dunlops on my TJ (only got 28,000 out of them). Swampers also worked fantastic off road. I would have to say that they have been my best tires thus far. Almost forgot to mention that the Swampers look cooler than any tire on the market. IMO of course. I'm buying some 35x12.5 Swamper SSR's this summer. I will be making a few trips from Chicago to Jacksonville, Fl in the next year. Over 1100 miles. I'm sure they will be fine. Most of the people that dog Swampers have never owned them. I'm not saying that the other responders to this post haven't, but most have not. I'm done with my rant now.

Last edited:
Back