• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lets GO!

wrecked

NAXJA Forum User
I want to make a run up to browns camp for a couple of days of wheelin this month.

If anyone is interested in going please let me know. I currently do not have any one to go with and I always like having other people around when I wheel. Plus it makes for a funner time.

I think I may plan for August 20th and 24th.

Let me know if you are interested.

Where is brown's camp? I'd be interested, but not until next month. Could you take some pics and maybe do a little write up for a future informal wheeling trip?

Thanks!

John

Browns camp is in the Tillamook State Forest. The latest issue of Off-Road Adventures has a little write up about Browns Camp. I havent really read the article yet and the pictures in it are pretty lame. There are some easy moderate and difficult trails. The easy and moderate can be done in stock rigs. Last time I went I took a stock Isuzu Trooper with me and it did fine.

The section that I love is the rocks. There are some moderately sized rocks on a trial called Fire Break 5 or something of the sort and then there are some huge rock gardens that are insane.

It's got a little something for everyone. There is a pass required, but its $10.50 and lasts for 2 years. Camping is $10.00 if you choose to sleep in the Browns Camp campground. But you are welcome to camp out alongside the road wherever you find a spot. This is what we were advised to do by the campground host as it was July 4th weekend and crowded as heck. Theres an awesome spot that can hold about 6-8 10person tents, it has a fire pit and last time we were there we set up a fort agains some trees, its free to camp there and the rigs can park along a turn out right infront of the tents.

I will be planning trips like this once a month so just keep checking back in this section for when the next trip will be.

Anyone thats got a rig other than a XJ is more than welcome to come as well.

I will be traveling south on Highway 30 to Conelius Pass to Highway 6 and right in to Browns Camp. Or I may try a new route which would be Highway 30 West to Clatskanie then south on 47 to 26 to 6 and then right into camp. Either way should be about an hour and 15 minutes for me to get there.

But if anyone wants to meet up with me along the way that would be awesome. Dellstop, you may be on a bit of road that I'm on which would be cool to gather up a group somewhere along the way.

And if anyone wants to come from the North like Jeepkid, if you come down I-5, you'll be passing right by me.

Anyway, I havent decided if we'll be taking up residence in Browns Camp campground or Little Browns Camp(quite rocky, but very open) or somewhere along the trail.

well now i have a tie rod to try to fix and a track bar, but i will see what i can do. shouldnt go wheelin in camas, its bad luck, everytime i try to climb a hill full of rocks i bash in steering components. lol

I think rocks in the northwest are bad luck for steering. I borke my tierod mount almost all the way off last time I played on them. And just recently I was out mountain biking and I came across some rocks which took of the rebound adjuster knob on my fork.

Back