• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Blinkers not blinking?

DonQuiXJote

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all, recently and seemingly simultaneously, *both* my turn signals have started doing something odd. When I turn one on, it might blink on and off regularly a few times, but 9 times out of 10 it will inevitably stop clicking and just freeze on the arrow; instead of alternating between on and off, they just stay stuck on. Not sure what this could be, I've tried hunting down the issue online but either I'm not using the right keywords, this is a really rare issue, or a stupidly obvious one I'm missing. Any help much appreciated!

Do the hazards work OK?

Check to make sure both front and rear bulbs light once the arrow gets "stuck".

Check the combination flasher under the kick panel.

Are you running leds?

Do the hazards work OK?

Check to make sure both front and rear bulbs light once the arrow gets "stuck".

Check the combination flasher under the kick panel.

Are you running leds?

No LEDs or any light mods. I put the key in accessory position and the hazards work fine, all the lights that need to be blinking keep blinking correctly and indefinitely. When I tried the blinkers w/o the engine running they only blinked a few times before turning off entirely, and I couldn't get them back on. Then I cranked the engine, and the blinkers went back to a pattern of a few blinks then solidly on, and the corresponding lights do light up for the those few blinks. Additionally, when it was blinking with ignition on it would "skip a beat" almost, like throw an extra click in there off the usual rhythm. All relevant fuses look fine, so I guess its the combo flasher.

Nah, you're just low on blinker fluid. I prefer the synthetic stuff as it lasts longer.

shopping

:shhh:

and get a gallon of prop wash just in case!! :)

Mine didn't blink at all with the lever when I got it and rhd wiring diagrams are wrong. I traced the main input power wire and ran a new one from keyed ignition with a mechanical flasher inline. Trick I learned from working with Lucas electronics.

Back