• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My 2000 XJ Build

mcguyver_xj

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all been using this forum for a while and it has helped me so I figured i would post my build in hopes it might help someone (especially with some of the stuff happening to it soon)

I have had other lifted xj's got out of them for a while then decided to re-enter had some money and was thinking why dont i see if i can buy a mildly built xj and go from there so I found this 2000 XJ for sale on here and bought it...
bringing her home with my bosses '96 12-valve 5-speed (drivetrain has since been swapped into a rust free 2001 in not so ugly a color)

She is a little rough around the edges but here are the specs 2000 Cherokee Sport had 160k but needed a motor, aw4, np231 w/ sye and a aftermarket rear driveshaft, hp30 front with 4.10s lca skids v8 zj steering ruffstuff diff cover, c8.24 rear 4.10s and liberty disc brakes, saggy 5.5" RE coils with 3/4" spacer, 4.5" clayton leafs, RE trac-bar and bracket, RE boomerang shackles, Bilstein shocks all around, 33" km2's with wheel spacers on stock rims, TNT long-arms/ belly skid & t-case skid, ruffstuff frame stiffeners, JKS front frame reinforcement plates, trailer hitch, cb radio, upgraded headlight harness...got her for a good price

First things first was to put a new motor in i scored a good 4.0 with around 120k on it out of a zj for $150

then got her home, drove her, tried out the doorless mod that had been done...

offroaded her a couple times

got the paint all matched up as well as adding body damage to what was already there

offroaded some more now with a gas tank skid and lock-rite front locker:

had this happen so found some rims on craigslist

went to a nice trail in massachusetts for a weekend

Put some JCR quarter gaurds on (love these things)

then I bought another set of rims and a used set of 35" KM2's and the day after I mounted them we had a boring day at work with a junk car

(need to bumpstop the rear!)

then as of last weekend I went offroading with the NAC for Rocktoberfest had loads of fun thanks to NAXJA and Bob and Liza of Field & Forest and decided to become a member of NAXJA

Not a lot of tech yet but if questions are asked i can answer them and will be adding to this as i continue to build/modify it

picked up a brand new unused CSF 3-core aluminum radiator for $120 a stock gas tank skid for my fiancee's xj for $50 and a set of mint stock tires for my other xj i'm selling for $50...for my birthday my fiancee bought me an ORS Fab winch bumper which i will hopefully install tomorrow and pic is from wheeling today

What is that thing on your grille?

that is an old jeep emblem off of old cj's and j-trucks

mDrxa-EHgZGhtjtnvIChdeA.jpg

havent updated in a while cause i have not done anything jeep doesnt get driven a lot especially because i am saving up for a dd/ tow rigbut i bought a "hi-lift" and wanted to hard mount it so it wouldnt move around especially in case of rollover

been a long time but did some stuff to the xj the other day just to get it off the list...got some horns hooked up, installed newer passenger fender without a broken antenna so now i have a radio, and installed hood pins cause my hood latches didnt work and was always scared the hood would fly open...

also picked up a tow rig (not driving yet needs some work)

1997 ram 2500 cummins its an auto right now but will be five speed swapping it and it needs a couple other small things got it cheap

Back