• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weather

Probably not, they are an hour north of me and there is nothing on the ground now and only a possibility of an inch of so in the next week.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/attica-in/47918/february-weather/332966

They are not the most accurate especially this far out, but the weather doesn't look to bad at this point.

Have to agree Kimmer... tara and I were having a conversation this weekend while getting the M-416 out. Dry and cold is way better than 40 to 50 and rain.....If the wind is low and it is dry the temp really is not much of a concern...Add tons of rain and wind..makes the campground not as much fun.....

I have decided this year if it is raining and or crappy cold weather, I am getting a hotel/motel if I can find one within 20 minutes, I like my warm comfortable sleep to much ;)

Last year I got an hour or 2 of sleep both nights and ended up in the jeep one of those nights. Thought I might have a truck, camper and trailer but I am buying a house instead, haha

Rent a uhaul trailer or buy a cargo trailer and make it into a makeshift camper/cargo trailer. After seeing someone do it in a uhaul at WF12 and someone that made a 10' long by 5' wide cargo trailer into a camper trailer also. Throw a space heater into the beast and let it heat up while wheeling.

Rent a uhaul trailer or buy a cargo trailer and make it into a makeshift camper/cargo trailer. After seeing someone do it in a uhaul at WF12 and someone that made a 10' long by 5' wide cargo trailer into a camper trailer also. Throw a space heater into the beast and let it heat up while wheeling.

That's my plan. I'm rolling in with a 10' Uhaul rape van and a 1500 watt oil radiator heater types.

I may end up in my backseat instead of putting the tent up. I've got a larger oil heater but may just do a small electric family heater to fit in the truck easier.

I want to make a cargo trailer camper in the future for all camping.

Slept in a 5x9 uhaul last year, even with the wind, the trailer was nice. I used a 1500 watt milk-house heater and it was about 65-70 degrees in the trailer. Held my cooler and still have room for a queen-size air mattress...

This year I'll be sleeping either in the Pickup bed, or in the 20' enclosed trailer...

That's my plan. I'm rolling in with a 10' Uhaul rape van and a 1500 watt oil radiator heater types.

How many trips down are you making? I wanted to do the same thing but was told by U-haul that none of the vans have hitches on them.

How many trips down are you making? I wanted to do the same thing but was told by U-haul that none of the vans have hitches on them.

It's actually a rape box van. I think the pickups have a hitch but the beef buses do not. I'm heading down to New Lenox from MI to grab the van, trailer, and my junk Thursday morning and hopefully leave from there noonish.

It's actually a rape box van. I think the pickups have a hitch but the beef buses do not. I'm heading down to New Lenox from MI to grab the van, trailer, and my junk Thursday morning and hopefully leave from there noonish.

cool was just wondering how you were pulling that off.....See you in Attica....Our rigs look like they are very close to being set up the same now....

Travel weather for Wednesday evening is not looking good for me. :( I sure hope things change before then.

I backed out of tent camping :( instead I'll have a nice warm hotel room :)

$55 a night at hotel attica, they have a few rooms left...

Last edited:
I'm up in northern Indiana, and we got downgraded from a winter storm watch to a winter weather advisory. They were calling for 4-7", now it's 3-5". So we'll see what happens.

Ya know this storm system is really starting to piss me off!! I may have snow tires on everything I own but I still hate towing in such a mess. :(

Ya know this storm system is really starting to piss me off!! I may have snow tires on everything I own but I still hate towing in such a mess. :(

Drive the jeep? Oh wait...

Back