• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

motor mounts?

rockauto... just don't buy the cheapest ones, nor anything made in korea, china, or india. The ones I got from them that were made in korea and india were some of the worst rubber castings I have ever seen. Aim for Japanese or US products.

I think I woud recommend *ahem*Brown Dog*ahem* using the search function. The ones I'd tell you to buy *ahem*Brown Dog*ahem* might not be what you'd want after you looked at all the options available. Also check the Vendor forums, because some vendors *ahem*Brown Dog*ahem* have discounts for NAXJA folks. And some vendors have better customer service *ahem*Brown Dog*ahem* than others.

Another aftermarket option is the Mountain Off-Road enterprises (M.O.R.E.) bombproof mounts with torsion rubber. I've been running a set for several years now, and am quite happy with them - once broken in, they're indistinguishable from OEM in terms of vibration except occasionally at idle.

I've not used Brown Dog, but their product seems to be good too.

i am going to go with the brown dog. thanks for the input though guys.

Choice of poly/natural rubber, and you can rebuild them--if you aren't buying the upgraded engine brackets make sure you let them know you want the stock XJ type, there is a slight width difference.

EDIT: don't forget to ask for your "Red" member NAXJA discount!

i didn't see a transmission mount do you know if they make one?

Not yet, although it has been mentioned to them a number of times.

I'm running their natural rubber engine mounts and a Daystar poly trans mount--I like a tight A**!

If you go with the poly Brown Dog mounts you should stick with the OEM rubber trans mount to reduce vibration transmission to the unibody--IMHO.

Back