• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

starting problems....maybe fuel delivery problems?

SeansXJ

NAXJA Forum User
So my '90 left me stranded yesterday. It will just turn over for about 10 seconds then it wants to start but only as I turn the key over to start it. Its kind of half fast running as I try to start it. I'm thinking fuel filter first just thinking cheap to start. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks
Sean

Anyone have a clue? It is right there about to start but won't keep it self running once I stop trying to start it and let it run.

I know that in my 98 there is no inline fuel filter so that may be the case with yours. I would drop the tank and test the fuel pump to make sure it is working. Or an inline gauge to see how much fuel pressure you are getting at the engine. It has to be a fuel delivery issue, i would think. Hope this helps.

This threads over three years old guy... I think he probably did something about it by now

Back