• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dynomax Cat-back

Townie

NAXJA Forum User
I've just about secured a Dynomax Cat-back system on my rig; no rear hook on the pipe to attach to my rear exhaust hanger though-- I have the 97 mount which I've heard was discontinued in the late year XJs. This leaves me just one hanger attachment @ the bend over the rear axle; just before the muffler. I guess I now have to buy a 98'-00' exhaust bracket to secure exhaust @ tailpipe?

Does anyone have a parts # for this rear hanger bracket?

Townie said:
I've just about secured a Dynomax Cat-back system on my rig; no rear hook on the pipe to attach to my rear exhaust hanger though-- I have the 97 mount which I've heard was discontinued in the late year XJs. This leaves me just one hanger attachment @ the bend over the rear axle; just before the muffler. I guess I now have to buy a 98'-00' exhaust bracket to secure exhaust @ tailpipe?

Does anyone have a parts # for this rear hanger bracket?

Did you figure this out? I just ordered a Dynomax cat back for my '97 after being assured it would fit by the folks at 4wd hardware. I'm very interested to know if you got this to work. I suppose I will just fab up something if I have the same problem.

I bought the rear exhaust hanger for 98+ XJ; plate w/ rubber oval, metal lip to secure the pipe. Also, a standard 2" u-bolt as the stock u-bolt wouldn't fit the Dynomax exhaust.

jeepguy97 said:
Dynomax sucks....just my 2 cents ask around I feel you will get similar results.

care to expand on this? Saying they suck without giving a reason doesnt mean jack IMO. I have a dynomax system on another vehicle and its great.

I had 3 Dynomax systems they all fell apart after three months, a friend had one that rusted and fell apart after 1 year, just havent had good experience and know many others with the same experience.

My dynomax Cat back has been running strong for 2 years now with no problems.

I had the OEM hanger rust off, so I took it in to the muffler shop and they did up a nice mount for 20.00 (welded to the tailpipe)

"I had 3 Dynomax systems they all fell apart after three months, a friend had one that rusted and fell apart after 1 year, just havent had good experience and know many others with the same experience."

My Dynomax has been on for two years ... no problems with rust or "falling apart" ... whatever that means.

Are you sure they're "Dynomax" and not that re-branded swap meet special Dynomacs ?

It makes a difference.

Back