• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moog cc782

Evidently your not very good at your job, my age and yrs experience in the trade tell another story.

Update for anyone researching coils...the OME 2930 coils went on my jeep today. Jhad to address my bumpstops so I figured may as well update and upgrade the springs while I had things apart. With one extra coil spring isolator on each side of the front I ended up with 2.25 inches lift.. The springs complement the OME shocks that were already in there quite nicely.

rod knee, it's all good. I haven't a been a member here very long but I've been on this forum for a very long time. I don't have a Lotta posts. But I do have knowledge to share on the jeep XJ. What I don't want to see is another XJ brother overpaying for some thing. RCP phx you're just kind of a **** really. If you don't like my posts keep it to yourself really. If that's not clear . EAD, eat a dick

Another thing I'm actually running the coils you posted about, not sure if any of the "critics" are actually running them..........real world data.

Regarding the CC782 V8 coils, I just finished the refresh of the suspension today about lunch time with my oldest boy. I think they work great and tide is firm initially but am sure as others have mentioned, they will become more compliant in a month or two. Along with that I did the rear Husky leafs and added an OME add-a-leaf. (Have the 2930 coils and 033rb packs and other goodies collecting dust for another day) I'll attach a couple photos from today and one from purchase about 2 years ago. 225k on her today and she is like Brand-used now! It's a great budget move and similar to Upcountry package. I'm running 225/70-16 now and have 245/75-16 to mount in a couple weeks.

Before
719R89

After

Shawn57nomad not sure about others but the photos are not showing for me.

I hope this set up really does ride like the Up Country. My last XJ was the real package and I ran it that way for about 7 years before putting a full OME and JKS package on it with adjustable arms. With the OME and all the Heim joints I had you could feel everything but it soaked up the bigger stuff so much better.

This old beast I bought the other day needs a refresh so I ordered the same springs and I am hoping for that old ride I remember.

Also considering doing the WJ LCA swap on this XJ again.

rod knee, it's all good. I haven't a been a member here very long but I've been on this forum for a very long time. I don't have a Lotta posts. But I do have knowledge to share on the jeep XJ. What I don't want to see is another XJ brother overpaying for some thing. RCP phx you're just kind of a **** really. If you don't like my posts keep it to yourself really. If that's not clear . EAD, eat a dick

You say you've been here a long time yet you certainly by your posts and your build don't know jeeps!

Week before purchase picture, then picture after suspension rebuild including axle side bushings. Leafs are Husky/General spring with OME D22xl and NOS MJ shackles, Ironman adjustable UCA & LCA with the rubber bushings, Coils CC782, KYB Excel G shocks and I tossed the rear sway bar (clapped out after 225k). The leafs were the 755# replacement Up Country version but were getting too soft for my liking so the AAL went in before they deformed. Hipe this helps.
3285b8fe9b802cc94229f724f32737eb.jpg
d0f659be4d6d8d7c6edf1cf7ff018490.jpg
ab189b981a687b6135ec932906953578.jpg
66f6881ee593d879ffd59290387876bb.jpg

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Week before purchase picture, then picture after suspension rebuild including axle side bushings. Leafs are Husky/General spring with OME D22xl and NOS MJ shackles, Ironman adjustable UCA & LCA with the rubber bushings, Coils CC782, KYB Excel G shocks and I tossed the rear sway bar (clapped out after 225k). The leafs were the 755# replacement Up Country version but were getting too soft for my liking so the AAL went in before they deformed. Hipe this helps.
3285b8fe9b802cc94229f724f32737eb.jpg
d0f659be4d6d8d7c6edf1cf7ff018490.jpg
ab189b981a687b6135ec932906953578.jpg
66f6881ee593d879ffd59290387876bb.jpg

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

How did you like the KYBs? I'm currently running Monroe OESPECTRUM and have been for almost 2 years but I feel like they ride pretty rough. Been thinking of going to OME shocks or something else that may soften up the ride a little more.

Back