• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dynomax Ultraflow

Atl XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Alright, I did a search about highflow mufflers and I havent heard anything bad about the Dynomax Ultraflow exhaust. Any reason I shouldn't run it on my 95 4.0l/aw4? Its my DD. My stock exhaust is shot from the catalytic converter back and I'm planning on buying a high flow cat (pre OBDII) with 2 1/4" pipes to go along with it. Any reason why I shouldn't?
Thanks

I just got one a few weeks ago. IMO sounds good although it's dang big. It was cheaper than the Flowmaster 40 by $60 where I got mine(as I can't weld) and I have overall been happy with it.

- Kevin

You can get it in a welded version like the flowmaster. I put one on my 95 xj 4.0/aw4 a year ago and it is great. It doesn't have the annoying drown that the flowmaster has at cruising speeds, but it still has that performance sound. It also flows better than the flowmaster. Two thumbs up

I saw their Super turbo catback system on Summit for $120. Is that comparable to the ultraflow?

Thanks for the responses, the only advantage I can see for Flowmaster at this point is how tough they are built.

The dynomax on my F350 is shot already.... less than 2 years. The rear outlet is just in there flopping around when you move the tailpipe. Never had a flowmaster do that. It's all good though as the warranty will cover it, but I guess I'll still be paying labor for the R&R.
Mike B.

anyone here use resonators to tune the sound...i dont know much about where to get em, or if they'd work on the 4.0. i like the idea of a bomproof flowmaster and a very small resonator to tone it down a bit. woud it work?

Back