• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CB channel

Wayne Sihler

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
As the time nears and we leave our home areas to converge on the 25th Anniversary Event we are sure to encounter others headed the same way.Is there a CB channel that is used for NAXJA,ers traveling to the event?

Wayne

69?

sidriptide said:
i always listen to 19 on roadtrips like that. smokey reports can save ur a$$...

Yes I plan to be on 19 for the "road conditions" .But I wanted a channel to hail other XJ,s on the way to Moab. 25 was suggested. Lets make it so.

Wayne

Wayne Sihler said:
Yes I plan to be on 19 for the "road conditions" .But I wanted a channel to hail other XJ,s on the way to Moab. 25 was suggested. Lets make it so.

Wayne

Now I gotta get a new CB, mine only goes to 23. JIM.

There's time to study, take the test and get a 2m rig. I'm thinking of maybe doing a class out there for those who want to get their ham radio license.

markw said:
There's time to study, take the test and get a 2m rig. I'm thinking of maybe doing a class out there for those who want to get their ham radio license.

I'm in! Time to study.

Let me see what I can dig up. I can't give the test but I go over the basics so you can get your license.

Yeah, my point exactly about CB. No one can hear you... I have one, but it only comes out if needed for the runs and gets shoved between the seat and console and plugs into the cig lighter.

JohnX said:
Is this the official channel?

Sure, for licensed ham radio operators. I don't have my repeater guide handy, but I'm sure there's a local repeater also.

Sure, for licensed ham radio operators. I don't have my repeater guide handy, but I'm sure there's a local repeater also.

duh. I meant is it the official ham channel for the event, or did you just post your favorite channel? I just finished mounting my 2m back in the Jeep.

duh. I meant is it the official ham channel for the event, or did you just post your favorite channel? I just finished mounting my 2m back in the Jeep.

That's what we usually run in socal on simplex. Either 146.550, or 146.520. 146.550 is the most common. I guess we can make that official. :)

Back