• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

steering issues

PETEY

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 90 lerado RE 5.5

Today I installed 2" spacers up front to compensate for sag. Now the knuckle were the drag link connects to the tie rod is rubbing the passenger side lower sway bar bracket (on the axle). For a temp. fix until I do a over the knuckle or a high steer i figure that a drop pitman will work for now.
As ordering from an auto parts store is a lot faster than anywere else I need to know what will work for a drop pitman arm that I can get from an auto parts store. This is my dd and can usually get parts the next day from the local parts store.
I might have gotten the terminology wrong. I'm calling the rod from the pitman arm to the passenger side wheel, the "drag link" and from the drag link to the driver side wheel, the "tie rod". (I am going to order a stearing box brace)

Next issue. I think my RE track bar is just a little too short. only 1/2 inch of thread left. I do have the RE drop bracket. Does somebody make a bracket to relocate the axle mount or is drilling another hole the way to go. Thanks

Last edited:
Back