• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stock leaf spring recommendations?

fieldtech

NAXJA Forum User
I just picked up a 2001 XJ with 165k on it. Planning on doing a 2 inch lift and need to get new leaf springs. Any recommendations? I’ve read bad reviews on the Crown leaf springs and was going to avoid those. Looking at the Husky on Rock Auto since this is more of a budget build.

I did a 2 inch bastard pack, and I am very happy with the ride and load capacity... 2 xj packs, angle grinder, and ambition is about all you need.
I later added relocation brackets along with longer shackles to get to 4.5 inches of lift

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I did a 2 inch bastard pack, and I am very happy with the ride and load capacity... 2 xj packs, angle grinder, and ambition is about all you need.
I later added relocation brackets along with longer shackles to get to 4.5 inches of lift

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I think the original leaf springs are still on the Jeep and they are in such bad shape I wouldn’t try the pack with them. But am planning on getting the longer shackles with new stock springs.

I've had good luck with Crowns on 2 different Jeeps now. Only downside is you have to press the new bushings in where the Dormans come with the bushings already in them. I went with their heavier UpCountry spec springs, that combined with the MOOG CC782 springs. This will give you 1.5-2 inches.

If the leaf springs are not completely inverted, a full lenght Add-a-Leaf or a bastard pack will work. The Rubicon Express 2.5" Full Length AAL works well. I removed The RE AAL from Cherokee #1 to install into saggy spring Cherokee #4 that had 196,000 miles on it. 100,000 miles later and it is fine. I have also built several Bastard Packs with $10 each junkyard XJ and S-10 springs leaves installed into the saggy factory original springs.

Back