• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

0630 to Clearwater 0331

boosst

NAXJA Forum User
Just upgraded my 0630 cracked head to the beefy Clearwater 0331.
Which manifold gasket do I use? One that matches the head or the manifold? Thanks

Ok, thank you.
So that is the gasket that matches the 0331 head. I know my exhaust is bigger since I originally had the 0630 and wanted to make sure I got the right one. I searched the internet for days and couldn’t find anything...just everyone doing the opposite head swap than I did.

Ralph77-Clearwater has their own casting of the 0331. It’s a lot thicker where it needs to be. My 0630 cracked and I felt like the Clearwater heavy duty head was the best option out there to keep it from ever happening again.

Ralph77-Clearwater has their own casting of the 0331. It’s a lot thicker where it needs to be. My 0630 cracked and I felt like the Clearwater heavy duty head was the best option out there to keep it from ever happening again.

That part I kinda figured but.....
If I recall correctly the 0630 head is a '96 to '99 XJ thing.
The 0331 is an '00 and '01 thing.
One of the differences being that that the 0331 head has a small reduction in the size of the exhaust ports from the 0630.
Just seems like such an odd thing to do to me.
Technically there are differences with the exhaust in '00's and '01's compared to '96 to '99.
I guess since the exhaust ports are smaller a '96 to '99 exhaust manifold will cover so....

I used the same Clearwater head on my 2001 xj in 2015. Definitely more meat compared to the stock cracked head. Matched up perfectly with intake and exhaust. No regrets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back