• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

i was swapping the rest of my wiring harness and found this

AJTorris

NAXJA Forum User
I was wondering if anyone knows what this is. My new harness has it also but i wasnt sure what it was for. The only thing i can come up with is a performance chip. They both look like someone had spliced it in. Not sure if this is stock or not. It goes to a green wire in the wiring harness. The green is spliced in two and both sides go to this plug along with a relay. From the plug there are grounds and one power wire coming from the relay.

DSCF3237.jpg

DSCF3239.jpg

DSCF3234.jpg

DSCF32322.jpg

What year is that harness for?

ya its for after market security when you pull that little chip out it WILL NOT start.its spliced into the wires by the key switch wiring I bet theres also a red light on it that flashes and it goes on the lower dash down by your knees.??? am I close???

No mine didnt have a light for it and i am not sure if the junker jeep had one or not. I found about 30 min ago that it was indeed a security thing. I figured it was aftermarket by the way it was spliced into the wiring. Just surprises me that my jeep and the junker jeep both had them. Thanks for the help with that......

PS MODS if you want go ahead and delete this thread.
PROBLEM SOLVED!

My 93 has that stupid chip thing on the bottom of the dash. Thankfully the previous owner had twisted a few wires together to disable this POS security system.

I sometimes knock the chip out of the plug when getting in/out of the XJ so im glad its disabled.

Back