• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SierraFest - Rubicon Springs Monday?

I’m on the fence about that and was also wondering what others will be doing in that regard. I figured I’d play it by ear, but since the question’s out there now I’ll be interested to know.

On a similar topic, how many people stay overnight at South Lake Tahoe on Wednesday? Do most folks just gas up, resupply, and head on to Hermit Valley? (Apologies to CC for hijacking the thread.)

yeah the plan is to shoot for springs but with 25+ rigs we will see. thats also why its important that we get moving at the slotted time of 8:30 to make sure we have enough time to play around on the trail.

We might have some or all the group stay at buck monday - but that is personal preference depending on how tired people are.

I will stay at Bucks Lake Monday night because as I remember it was way after dark when the Springs guys got there last year. I guess this is what happens when you get old.

I might be staying at Buck this year , not sure yet.

It all depends on how the day goes haha. If we still have a few hours of daylight In gonna hit the springs

It all depends on how the day goes haha. If we still have a few hours of daylight In gonna hit the springs

yeah it depends on how long it takes us to get to Buck

On a similar topic, how many people stay overnight at South Lake Tahoe on Wednesday? Do most folks just gas up, resupply, and head on to Hermit Valley? (Apologies to CC for hijacking the thread.)

OK, I’m beginning to get the impression that I’ll be the only one staying in SLT Wednesday. I’ve got a fully pre-paid, non-refundable reservation at the Days Inn, so I’m going to use it.

Yeah some of us booked spots at the hot springs weds so we can shower and relax a bit after refueling before heading to Hermit. We need to lock down Hermit badly and that means getting as many rigs to Hermit as possible on weds and thursday morning.

I'll roll into Hermit sometime Thursday. Depends on when I wake up, pack up camp, and how long it takes to get through the last bit of DV.

Back