• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Inner fender replacement?

stephenspann27

NAXJA Forum User
My front inner fenders basically disintegrated.... and at the time. it thought.. no big deal I don't need them anyways... wrong.. all the wind in the wheel well basically ends up hitting the door hing area of the door.. creating a lot of wind noise.. anyone know of a place I can get replacements other than the J yard?

My front inner fenders basically disintegrated.... and at the time. it thought.. no big deal I don't need them anyways... wrong.. all the wind in the wheel well basically ends up hitting the door hing area of the door.. creating a lot of wind noise.. anyone know of a place I can get replacements other than the J yard?

What's wrong with the junkyard? I highly doubt you'll find replacement parts... if anything, check rockauto.com, their catalog is pretty extensive.

I've heard that "pool noodles" (the foam sticks for use in swimming pools) work wonders for this too. They can be removed for cleaning the crud out and stuffed back to reduce wind and dirt.

turn the radio up... I am trimmed up front and have no inner "lining" and did not notice any more wind noise but yet again were driving bricks...

the dealer... I have two brand new inner fender liners waiting to be installed.

Hell y not just take a piece of thin lexan or something and fab up your own? Heat it up and shape it and it will last alot longer than the factory pressed paper that came in mine :)

pool noodles work for me. keeps the wind out as well as rain dirt and mud

I've heard that "pool noodles" (the foam sticks for use in swimming pools) work wonders for this too. They can be removed for cleaning the crud out and stuffed back to reduce wind and dirt.

they work wonders, just go to your local dollar store

What did they cost you?

LIST $95.88 EA
NET $66.60 EA

PAID $66.60 EA

PN 55175008 SHEILD FENDE 23034121
PN 55175009 SHEILD FENDE 23034121

It would take me 1 hour to get to a wrecking yard that has XJ parts... the last time I bought a plastic component, a power seat cover... they charged me $20 bucks.

This isn't something I would want to buy used and have to do it all over again.. the plastic/rubberized material gets brittle over the years -- hence the reason I'm installing new ones.

...and that little peek of hot pink against the flat black is...well...hot!!

But seriously, the junkyard IS your best option. Besides, if you've trimmed it's a helluva lot easier to "cutomize" the stock liners that to rethink the light bulb.

LIST $95.88 EA
NET $66.60 EA

PAID $66.60 EA

PN 55175008 SHEILD FENDE 23034121
PN 55175009 SHEILD FENDE 23034121

It would take me 1 hour to get to a wrecking yard that has XJ parts... the last time I bought a plastic component, a power seat cover... they charged me $20 bucks.

This isn't something I would want to buy used and have to do it all over again.. the plastic/rubberized material gets brittle over the years -- hence the reason I'm installing new ones.

I wasn't able to find the part online.. I searched using your part numbers. Do you know if the part is the same for all years?

Last edited:
These are for a 1991... probably good for years 1985-1997?

Probably changed with the new style front clip around 1998-2001?

1996 was same as before body wise but OBDII, 1997 was the change over.

Back