• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No Bus Gremlins

chris420

NAXJA Forum User
3 years ago I had a no bus code on my instrument cluster and swapped it out with one from the junk yard. Since then I have had no problems until today. As of today I have no bus code and I own of the gauges are working, the check engine light is on, air bag light is on but the lights and blinkers work. The horn started going off on its own while I was driving and when I tried locking it the power locks were locking and in locking on there own. 😦 The battery is fully charged any help would be great I am not sure we’re to start.

3 years ago I had a no bus code on my instrument cluster and swapped it out with one from the junk yard. Since then I have had no problems until today. As of today I have no bus code and none of the gauges are working, the check engine light is on, air bag light is on but the lights and blinkers work. The horn started going off on its own while I was driving and when I tried locking it the power locks they started locking and in locking on there own. The battery is fully charged any help would be great I am not sure we’re to start.

What year? Clocking ring.......

2000 what is a Clocking Ring?

Clock spring issues and drivers door wire harness issues are very common. First thing I would do is inspect and test the drivers door wire harness for damage. Look for chafed wire insulation, damaged wires, and failed wire splices. A short circuit in the wire harness can introduce 12 volts positive in places it should not be.

If the wire harness passes inspection and testing, suspect the clock spring has failed.

standard.jpg

Thanks guys it could be the door because my locks are not working on the front doors only. The no bus code went away by the end of the day and now I just have a check engine light on. The driver side harness boot is torn and it looks like a wire is fraid.

I took it on the Rubicon recently and it was really ruff this year broke my transfer case linkage, bent the passenger side rock rail against the body, put it on its side and drove it through a river using a tarp with bungee cords to hold it over the grill so i could push the water instead of sucking it. I think the body flexed enough to tear the driver side harnes boot.

Back