• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stockton, Lodi, Manteca, Modesto XJ'ers

Can someone who is close to Dan in locality give him a hand with finishing up his lift so he can do some wheeling. I would, but I live in Citrus Heights and gas is so expensive right now. Help a fellow XJer out people. :)

well lets see. I lifted the back up 2 more inches (at 5 now) and now I am waiting on some 1.75" spacers in front. Hopefully they will be here by Wednesday. So when I get those . . .
1) I need to install the spacers
2)redrill a hole for the track bar, weld a cap over the old hole to keep it from possibly slipping (I already moved it over for the 3" lift so I might just get away without having to do again) At least I have longer lower control arms on already.
3) drop the T-case 3/4 an inch
4) drill and tap a bolt for the cross member (one busted off and is stuck)
5) driveway alignment
6) cycle through the articulation to make sure that the brake lines stay together (disconnected them from the frame for travel) both front and rear.
7) make sure the slip yoke doesn't puke itself out
8) test drive
9) stop buy the store for a 12 pack:)
10) oh I might have to make some spacers for the pinion angle but go-jeep has a good write-up on that.

Nothing real major. Just another few days of wrenching before I focus on something else. Oh yeah, I really, really need a new or used in good condition steering stabilizer as the one I have has 240000 miles on it. Anyone have an old one around:)

Last edited:
BLINGN XJ said:
{Anyone have an old one around}
I think I got one in my shop! let m c 2 nite!! got a welder been wanting to use it might hit cha up.

Heck yeah! Let me know. My cell is 209.969.6676 FIRE GOOD:)

Had a brain spasm. Who ever is in the area, we should meet up. There is a good coffee shop/ truck stop at HWY 12 and I-5 in Stockton that would handle a bunch of XJs. Maybe all of us around the Valley could plan a meet and greet? Say the weekend after next?

Anyone interested?

Last edited:
Dan, smoked my alt. last night wheelin in the mud. Sunk her in a hole. Got mud in the cab and in the air box, lots of clean up, sooo. I will check tonite for ya and let cha know

Still waiting on those spacers so the XJ is just sitting in the garage ****ing off the wife. She tripped over a coil and hit her head on my bumper this morning letting the dogs out. She is soooo ****ed and this is after she stubbed her toe on my floor jack.

I have been so bored that I removed the factory dome light above the driver and put in 2 Wally Mart special compact driving lights in its place. One faces the front and one faces the rear. It is like the friggin sun when I turn those on. Anyone ever see those alien/supernatural invasion movies where the car is out in a foggy field at night and bright intensive light is blasting out of the car by a supernatural force? Kinda gives that freaky feeling while watching the show? (insert spookey music here or X-Files theme song). Well that is me now. I really need those spaces to get here or I might do something else stupid out of boredom.

Really hope to get back on the road by this weekend.

Back