• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Corral Canyon Trip May 22-23

where is this corral canyon you speak of? and the terrain??

how far is it from Riverside / ontario???

Those of us that are a part of socalxj are planning a run out there on the 26th of june. Ray Pili is probably leading it, Plan was t orun Bronco peak the hard way up the water fall. 2 lockers and 33"s are the minimum I think. Patrick (redcbr) ran it a few weeks ago and he broke a 3 link mount turnign the rear axle up. so after removing the DS in the rear he proceeded to break both front u-joints which required him to winch off the trail.you could also run sidewinder... very fun trail. with 31's and open diffs.

I remember seeing the pics patruck posted of his Bronc Peak backwards run, thats Hardcore. I plan on doing 1 scenic run up to the Los Pinos lookout and 2 runs through sidewinder. To answer Witt's question, Corral Canyon OHV area is located about 50 miles east of San Diego and about 3 miles south of HWY 8 on Buckman springs Rd. and is right next to Lake Morena. I will be wheeling my YJ instead of the XJ since the YJ has 33s and the XJ only 31s. It'll be about half wranglers and half cherokees.If fire risk is too high and the area is shut down by the USFS, then the trailrun will be moved to Truckhaven hills in Salton City which would be really conveinent for you Jumpthis.Don't be shy to post or PM any questions.

Hi all,

I'm gonna have to change the June 26th date for Bronco peak. Thats my wedding anniversary and my wife says we're going to a SPA. Hopfully I'll get hit by a car the day before. How about Sat June 12th?

Sorry about hi jacking the thread, back to Corral Canyon this weekend.

Ray

Diablito said:
, then the trailrun will be moved to Truckhaven hills in Salton City which would be really conveinent for you Jumpthis.Don't be shy to post or PM any questions.

more convenient for me too... i say truckhaven.. (ive never been there.. sooooo...)

:dunce:

Truckhaven......in late June? with a bunch of Cherokees prone to over heating???? Are you NUTS?
Count me in!!
But realy.....shouldn't we be in Big Bear or Los Coyotes by late June?
BTW....my anniversary is June 25th, so the date change helps me also...

Truckhaven is the alternate in case of a fire closure at Corral Canyon, my corral canyo plans have been ruined by a fire closure before. CC shouldn't be too hot right now, it should be fine. They even have some tree cover.

well you should have them by the time you leave for home on sat night!

Jump This said:
Heyyyyyyyy! Maybe I'll have my lockers by then! :D
Rick

Directions to Corral Canyon OHV are as follows, from San Diego take HWY 8 east about 50 miles. Exit Buckman Springs Rd. Head south on Buckman springs rd a few miles. Entrance to CC OHV will be on your right(look for brown sign) . We will be meeting at the entrance at 11:00 for the Los Pinos ride. We'll be meeting at the camp at 4:00 for Sidewinder. There are no set in stone requirements for how your rig is equiped but here are some suggestions. los Pinos is suitable for stock vehicles. Sidewinder will necesitate a lifted rig ,with skids, with recovery points and perferably a locker . I will not be doing Bronco Peak but if you want to try you need atleast a locker and 33s.

Rawbrown said:
Those of us that are a part of socalxj are planning a run out there on the 26th of june. Ray Pili is probably leading it, Plan was t orun Bronco peak the hard way up the water fall. 2 lockers and 33"s are the minimum I think. Patrick (redcbr) ran it a few weeks ago and he broke a 3 link mount turnign the rear axle up. so after removing the DS in the rear he proceeded to break both front u-joints which required him to winch off the trail.you could also run sidewinder... very fun trail. with 31's and open diffs.

Hey! keep me out of this ryan :p

nobody showed up :gonnablow ...... or i didnt see any of u guys... i didnt even see 1 XJ..... so i ran the trails with some yj's and a land rover :doh: club... the land rovers were funny.... hehe...

that sucks witt, what happened to diablo (I think the one who mentioned it/set it up)? Oh well, next time I go out (which should be soon) I will see if you want to go :) How was it? What trail did you run?

-Red

Back