• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I need a 97+ windshield

01_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
a rock came up and hit the top right corner of my windshield on thanksgiving, and it has grown a couple inches just today from jacking the vehicle up and putting it down a few times. I'm sure it won't be long until the damn thing is all the way down the glass.

If anyone has one or knows a cheap place to get one locally, please let me know.

The glss place in the Pick A Part parking lot did mine for $120. Check the ghetto...nobody beats those prices :D

I install windshiels. Be sure to ask for a PPG brand windshield if you want it to fit right and no waves. Most other brands use cheap chinese crap they buy in bulk and relable. ;)

Yeah I need a new windshield but my only worry is that they use crappy glass. My friend got his done at some hole in the wall place in LA and ended up getting this crappy window that's hardly visible. Especially in rain.

Anyone know of any trust worthy place in Orange County area?

Moldings, air and water leaks are installer issues, the rest depends on the brand of glass used. PPG = best, Pilkington and Carlite = good, XYG and SGC = not good. Ask for PPG when you get the quote, then check the brand of the new glass BEFORE they remove your old glass. It will have small print on the lower corner where the DOT and part number is. The part number is DW1140 for the 97 and up XJ's no matter the brand used.

Back