• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear bump stops

AZRockRunner

Nobody
Ok, I am sure there are alot of posts out there regarding bumpstops and how to make your own, However, the search function is just not working for the past few days and I really need to get some installed A.S.A.P. as I have NONE. I am running a Ford 8.8 rear axle with Rustys 4.5" lift and 32" Dunlop Muds. There is nothing left of the factory bumpstops, so what to use and how to make is what I am looking for. I have heard in the past that we can use hockey pucks, but How?

Anyway, your help is anticipated once again.

Thanks

:eyes:

I welded a piece of square stock to the ubolt plate. It extends out far enough to reach under the stock bumpstops. I then drilled and tapped two holes in the square stock so I could add some cutting board material to reach the height I needed for the lift I had. This way it is somewhat adjustable.

Try DPG Offroad:

http://www.dpgoffroad.com/

adjustable bumpstop plates, then get a factory or aftermarket rubber stop for the top.

These things are nice! I have them on my XJ. Of course, they are easy to make, if you have the tools, metal, time, and skill. It was easier for me to order these. I am runnig the factory rubber bump stop for now, but will be ordering an aftermarket one after Christmas.

Made these out of unistrut & unistrut U-shaped brackets.Total length is
7".
Thanksgiving06013.jpg

Back