• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stock height shock options?

uRabbit

NAXJA Forum User
Looking mainly at Rusty's stock height shocks. $33 each.

Anyone have experiences with these or other stock height shocks? Will be running LCOG set up with stock height, bump stops, 31" tires.

I got rancho rs500s for half price at sears during a sale. I like them well enough, they are stiffer but no where near uncomfortable. It rides like a jeep now I think.

Thru a vendor on here, you should be able to get a set of RE twintubes for around that price. I heard that Rustys charges a LOT for shipping.
Bilsteins are good too.

I put on monroe sensatracs based on things I read here for ride comfort ect. The blown out stock shocks rode like a caddy compared to the monroes. The monroes feel as i would have thought the bilsteins would have felt. (based on bilsteins i've had on previous cars) Much less body roll, and much much firmer/harsher ride. there is no floating over bumps with the monroes as was the case w/ the well worn factory shocks.

As for me, if i was to do it all over again i'd look into something else i bought them based on supposed ride comfort and was not impressed. as for ride CONTROL which is really what shocks are ment to do, they work very well.

Back