• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MJ driveshaft length

Jeff in VA

<---respect
Might be a longshot, but does anyone have/run a 2.5/AX5/231 MJ (stock, no lift)? I want to double-check the rear d/s length before I have the shop cut mine down. I have a spare XJ shaft of unknown origin I picked up for cheap that appears to be the correct size that I'm using as a guide to verify my tape measurement (bottom yoke out into TC and pull back 1", then measure from u-joint center to center of u-joint on axle pinion shaft), but I'd like to verify that to an actual shaft. IIRC, I measured 38", but I'll double check that tonight when I get home. If anyone can measure their's and post it quick, I'd sure appreciate it...
TIA,
Jeff

shortbed or longbed?

my shortbed WAS a 2.5/ax5/231 and the rear shaft was 48" uj to uj, I had it cut to 42" uj-uj when I swapped in a 4.0L/aw4/242.

38"? My numbers DEFINITELY do not jive with yours.

Sorry, I meant 48", not 38"....I actually measured 47 1/2" from center to center of UJ's. I guess 48" is what I need.
Thanks,
Jeff

Back