• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What is this?

Ignore.Antz

NAXJA Forum User
utf-8BSU1HMDA3NDkuanBn.jpg

Last edited:
I just found this laying in my glove box, and if my blower works then I don't need it anymore.

Thanks, I am trying to find an electrical gremlin. I have a hot wire connected directly to the battery and is connected into the fuse panel where the power would come into the fuse block. This works, but were it is directly connected to the battery it isn't switched when the key is off. It is a 1988 standard Pioneer edition 4.0

IMG00751.jpg

See the red wire, where it plugs into the fuse box, where in the engine compartment feeds there?

Last edited:
I am guessing when the heater resistor went bad, it caused the brown wire to burn and it melted the blue connector around the brown wire plug into the ignition switch. I am guessing that for acc. pwr to be feed through out the Jeep it comes from the ignition switch and there isn't another point I can just splice from. I guess I am replacing the ignition switch and blue plug. Is that just a cut and but splice a replacement kind of fix?

If the plug is melted on the ignition switch that could def. be your problem, i would get a new switch and solder wires onto the switch terminals then butt connect them to the jeeps harness instead of using a new plug, this will prevent bad connections which can also burn up the plugs and switches.

Back