• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

powder coat touch up

ericz

NAXJA Lifetime Member
NAXJA Member
Is there a brand/type of spray paint that works well touching up banged up powdercoating?
I suppose regular ol black will work fine for my needs, but I thought I would ask anyway.

Thanks

:cheers:

Hey Eric,
Depends on what color you're talkin' bout. With blacks, I try a Hammerite, but bottom line is whatever best matches your color. just sand as much of the rust away first- its cancer, and it'll keep eatin' yer paint.

Our powdercoaters have supplied us with aerosol paints colormatched to the various powercoats in order to touch up production items....

i cannot comment on thier durability, since i can't usually identify touched-up areas when i come across our products out in the real world, however, i can say that I've never heard of any complains blamed on the touch up paint we use.

if you are interested, I coould find out if these aerosols are formulated differently for ahehesion to tcic or other expoy powdercoats

Back