• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Suspension

I am considering the bastard pack idea. I would love my XJ to be 2 inches higher, but was thinking of shooting for 2.5 in the back to settle for sag. The local yard wants 50 bucks each for leafs which I feel is outrageous. Then on one hand I was just considering buying new HD Factory leafs and toss a AAL or shackle on it. Being cheap what about adding a 3 inch AAL when my goal is 2 and expect sag of an inch.

Will factory length U bolts be large enough for a AAL or bastard pack?
I do plan to do the ZJ front coils for now to offset any lift.
Also do you think S10 packs would be cheaper?

careful with the ZJ front coils, you need ones from a V8 equipped ZJ or you won't get much/any lift. Also you might need a few spacers to get a full 2". Have you checked other junkyards? My local you-pull-it only charged me ten bucks a whack for coils, and that was before I was even really considered a regular, they'd probably charge me five these days.

If you want 2.5 - 3" of lift, don't go AAL. In fact, don't go AAL in general.
For a hundred bucks (which is WAY too much for a coupla stock leaf packs) you could build yourself two 3" lift full leaf packs and be WAY better off than with AALs - for about the same money.

If you want 2.5 - 3" of lift, don't go AAL. In fact, don't go AAL in general.
For a hundred bucks (which is WAY too much for a coupla stock leaf packs) you could build yourself two 3" lift full leaf packs and be WAY better off than with AALs - for about the same money.

x2, AALs aren't worth it. Just build a bastard pack.

Back