• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB: 1991-1999 4.0L - Auto Trans

alohajeff

NAXJA Forum User
I wiped out another 4.0l in our 1993 Cherokee. The machine work and rebuild costs would run more than the Jeep is worth. The previous motor threw a rod a few trips after it had sucked in water. The replacement died after a head gasket or cracked head allowed coolant to wash a cylinder down and we had no choice but to run it until she was on her last leg. I had to pull a few plugs just to get it turn it over a few times to blow coolant out of 3 and 4. I pulled the head off and it is a mess.

I have been keeping my eyes open and haven't found much locally. The last complete motor I bought was $300 or $350 complete. Looking for another setup for an Auto trans. Something in the 1991-1999 range would be good but if the price is right I wouldn't mind a newer one.

If anybody knows of an engine for sale please ket me know. If I can't find something in the next month or so it's off to the recyclers for this one.

Thanks!

Jeff

Send a pm to O-TAY XJ I know he has a 1991 with about 180k on it. It's in the palm springs area btw

This motor is in perfect running condition, the only reason he stop driving it was because of this.

This jeep was clean.He towed behind his motorhome. He has owned for the last 10 yrs, heck he made me clean the motor after he flopped it cause it had oil on it. :)

Back