• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jw2 vs trucklites

I'm running the JW Speaker 2 LED's in my 01 XJ and love them. I've tried several different version of headlight upgrades and these have been my favorite to date. I've not tried everything, but the JW2's look the best and have the best beam pattern so far.

I love the ones I bought, so I bought a second set for my other 2k.
P1080548_zps2jrf9l76.jpg

Used to have a guy that would somehow get behind me almost every morning in his Jeep on my drive into work w/those multiple led headlights... and they were horribly blinding!! Super bright I'm sure but they had virtually no cutoff and were blinding. :/

I am running a set of JW Speaker Evo 2 after buying a set of the cheap ones many buy. The cheap ones totally sucked, no pattern and was almost worse then the stock lights. Had them 1 night and sent them back. Before I bought these I had done a ton of research on lights and the JWSe2 were by far the best but also most money. I knew I should have just bought them to start but so many were raving about the other lights, I thought I would try them.

Hands down, the JW freaking rock! Great pattern and cutoff, freaking high beams are like the sun came out. They work so well I decided not to buy any auxiliary lights for the front. I used to hate driving at night and now I find reasons to do so.

Trucklites are very good and I know others who have used the round version in other rigs. Are they cheaper then JWS, yes but not better. Can't go wrong with either but I would buy another set of JWS in a heartbeat.

I have a set of JW speaker evolution J in my wife’s JKU — they are an amazing upgrade

They did cost just under $500 though — that 2.5 times what I paid for my entire 2000 XJ

How's the winter driving, does anyone have the heated version. I was disconnecting sway bars today and it was snowing. I could feel the heat off the halogens. I have the harness upgrade, but I think I can kill 2 for one with great headlights vs adding extra pods.

Dumajones has done really good reviews on YouTube, but ide like some more opinions.

This far you all seem to take JW AS a step up over trucks.

Do you like the distance the high beam travels, I have a dual amber bar, but want to add great spots. I hope some really good headlights would be great!

I live in OK so we don't get a ton of snow/ice... but I've never had any issues w/my headlights fogging up. I know they're not as hot as the Hella 100W bulb setup I used to have, but those bulbs would also pop about every 6-12 months... and normally in the rain or bitter cold weather. So I can't say how they'll do in Colorado (assuming your location) but if I were you, I'd opt for the heated version just to be safe assuming you can swing the extra $$. As far as high beam distance... it's fantastic! To be honest I've never really even needed to run the high beams but when I do for fun, they definitely project high and far. Almost like I just turned on 2 spot lights.

Living in SoCal, not really snow/ice to deal with... heck hardly any rain either... :(

I would think if you live in an area you get regular snow/ice, the heated ones would be the way to go. If very light snow, maybe not but if you are getting inches, I would say yes.

As for the high beams, It's like adding very bright spots. I haven't felt the need to add anymore lighting to the front.

If it's snowing hard enough halogens still won't melt the snow if you're moving. Hjeepxj has LEDs on his, he's up near you. Might ask him how his do.

Best driving/long range lights I used we're the old hella 500 lights. You could see 1/4 mile down the road and reflective signs from +1 mile out. I plan on reusing them on one of the Jeep's one day.

Used to have a guy that would somehow get behind me almost every morning in his Jeep on my drive into work w/those multiple led headlights... and they were horribly blinding!! Super bright I'm sure but they had virtually no cutoff and were blinding. :/

Yes, there are a couple of assholes round here with lifted trucks that have those cheap LEDs.
Coming at you or behind you they are blinding.

I'm buying the JWS.

Anyone ever run predators vs jws, JW still seems to set the bar. I don't think anyone else makes heated. Maybe it's overkill for most idk.

Ive had lights pack with snow multiple times, usually on high mountain passes where any light would be as doomed, ide hope LED are fine in most snows.

I know it's different, but I have several high-power LED handheld flashlights and those things get HOT towards the head of the flashlight. I wonder why the LED Headlights don't generate as much heat... :/

I have the Predators from Highbeam Offroad on one Jeep and Trucklites on another Jeep.

The Trucklites have a far superior (brighter) lowbeam but have the transformer head looking hot spots. They have nice high beams and throw light a significant distance for an LED.

The Predators have a much nicer pattern on low beam with no hot spots but aren't as bright and don't have as sharp of a cut-off line. Highbeam is on par with Trucklites but doesn't seem to be able to throw the distance that TL can. Predators are half the price of Trucklites.

Overall, I prefer the Trucklites.

Back