• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for some help on getting rid of a 1988 XJ

XJKcali

NAXJA Forum User
Greetings. My name is Brian and I was a member here years ago. In fact I sold you my 1999 XJ that you used for your annual raffle. Anyway, I have a 1988 XJ that I bought non running in 2010. Like all good projects it has sat in my backyard since then. I had it registered in my name but I never applied for the pink slip. My question is does anybody know if I need a pink slip in my name to sell for salvage or parting out. I have the original pink slip from the owner and it is registered in my name but I am afraid that there will be substantial fees for me not having done this earlier.( Break here for "what an idiot" and "you should have done...." comments which are deserved. I hold my head down humbly.) Not looking for anything illegal, my thinking is that if it is salvaged or parted out and the hull goes to the wrecker there would be know reason to register it. So if anyone has done this before or knows the ins and outs I would greatly appreciate hearing from you. Thnaks. Brian

What are the build specs? I'm looking for a built d30

There was no build, it's bone stock and in great condition. It was some old ladies daily driver. Bought it to build it. When I bought it I was told it had a blown head gasket. R&R'd the gasket (not blown) and wouldn't start. After fiddling with it I think it's the Renix box. Fast forward 12 years.

When you say renix box. Do you mean the computer?

Yes. It would crank but won't start. Checked the crankshaft position sensor, spark, fuel injectors, fuel pressure. Checked all the connection. Just could never get it to start.

If you were closer I'd loan you my spare computer to see for sure if that's the issue.

Back