NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > OEM Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

OEM Tech Discussion Forum for OEM (Original Equipment) or stock XJs and MJs.

Old December 23rd, 2017, 14:47
NAXJA Forum User

Tail light issue.

So i have no tail lights on my 98 xj, Brake lights work, and so do the turn signals. I'm scratching my head on this one any ideas or answers would be a big help!
Old December 23rd, 2017, 16:04
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Tail light issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by podm98c View Post
So i have no tail lights on my 98 xj, Brake lights work, and so do the turn signals. I'm scratching my head on this one any ideas or answers would be a big help!
Are the bulbs good? As I recall the park and turn signals share a fuse, with left and right sides being on different fuses. Aside from that, maybe a DRL module or headlight switch gone bad. Got a trailer wiring adapter in there somewhere?
Old December 23rd, 2017, 16:47
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Tail light issue.

The blues are good I know that. See this whole thing started because of a bad ground but I had nothing because of it. Redid the ground got everything back but actual taillights it's weirs. I do have the stock tow package harness on my Jeep I'll try disconnecting that and see if they come back.other then that I'll check fuses and the headlight switch seems to be working unless just part of it died.