• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

universal joints

you obviously didn't search all the info's here..

and f.y.i. A Hnt IS a type of sye..

a full H.d. Sye is preferrable (stronger) and costs more . Look into advance adapters sye with tom woods custom driveshaft.
or p.o.r.c. Offroad has a cheaper full h.d.

full h.d. You open case and replace whole output from transfer case.. (havent done it but with some searching on here looks pretty simple)

a hnt is just what it says Hack and tap. You cut the output shaft outside the t case and drill and tap for a bolt. Then the yoke slides over the remainder of the splined output shaft. And gets bolted on...

if you stay under 33" tires or don't wheel all crazy on the throttle your should be fine w one of these (i.m.o.)

and once again SEARCH and all the info on tips and tricks of installing are on here..

I will say to get the yoke style output of the HNT. As the flange style output requires an adapter ..

iron rock offroad has a hnt w a cleaned up front driveshaft for a reasonable price and for a lil more the tap and bits come w it..

that's what I'm running

A hack and tap is fine if you are on a tight budget and can get it drilled correctly. If you have not done one before and don't have anyone with experience to help you I suggest buying a full SYE kit.

Back