• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where are you buying your Deavers

Bjorn86

NAXJA Forum User
I'm getting ready to purchase some Deaver G09 leaf springs for the XJ. I did a quick google search and found a few possible dealers, but figured I'd ask the Jeepspeed folks to see if anyone had any suggestions. Input appreciated!

I always buy them directly from Deaver. They do a good job of remembering their customers, and treat you really well if you bring them back for adjustments or service.

Thanks cal, I gave them a call today and will most likely end up purchasing through them. I'd prefer to find a used set, but they seem to be scarce around here.

Thanks cal, I gave them a call today and will most likely end up purchasing through them. I'd prefer to find a used set, but they seem to be scarce around here.

X2 on what Cal said! I go direct and deal with Scott Born. Great guy and knowledgeable, always treats me like a friend rather then a customer. And used deavers are like searching for the fountain of youth lol. Once you got em you wont leave em.

Thanks Matt, I believe it was Scott that I talked to, and he was extremely helpful. On the other hand, I did call Full Traction as I heard their leafs were decent also... I was put on hold for like 10 minutes, then connected to a somewhat rude salesperson, got a total shipped price, and then he tried to get me to order them right then. I explained that I was just shopping around and would be deciding between them and Deaver. He laughed, told me I better add 1000 to the price if I wanted Deavers! I just chuckled, told him thanks for his help, and hung up. I'm definitely buying from Deaver.

Thanks Robert, I looked at their site but didn't find either spring. I'm really tempted to go with Full Traction as the price difference is about $185 less than Deaver, and I'm not competing or anything in my XJ (although I have been thinking about trying out some of the WE Rock events in the Sportsman class). I just want a quality spring rather than wasting money on low-end stuff. I really value customer service, although if they provide a solid product I shouldn't have to deal with them that much.

I've read a bunch about both, now I've just got to decide.

Also, consider Nation or Alcan springs

I picked up a set of 4 from Deaver directly. I had a odd request, so I called them. They took the time to understand what I wanted, and I was pleased with their knowledge and delivered product. If not Deaver I would give National a try for sure! Also if you call Deaver you might get a better price.....and a more finely tuned spring if your realistic about your usage. Mine was "I use my XJ like a 3/4 ton truck, and I want about 3" lift, higher in back (always add coil spacers) I have yet to install them, but they look the part.

Last edited:
Thanks for everyone's input, it's greatly appreciated. I ended up ordering the Deaver G9 through Poly Performance using the pirate4x4 coupon code, which was about $20 less than going straight through Deaver.

Back