• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cleaning tow straps

I imagine since a toe strap is approximately 30-36" below a jock strap, the same solution could be used at approximately 50% concentration.

I really have nothing constructive to offer.

I use woolite in the washing machine on delicate. I do this with my winch ropes mainly, but have done my straps one too. Mud/sand in the webbing will destroy straps and rope over time. Works great!

Sure if I put a muddy tow strap in the washing machine my wife would be kill me. I take all my greasy stuff like shop towels to the laundrymat and I pressure wash straps and such.

I just washed a Teraflex strap in the washing machine. Who's bright idea was it to make their straps white? It came out nice.

I just throw it on the driveway and spray it with the hose.

same...

i have an old canvas like sea bag from my parents military days that i wrap the strap up in. when it gets all muddy, i just throw it in the bag without worrying about rolling it up. when i get home, i spray them in the driveway on a sunny day and let them dry.

roll it back up, put in the bag, fold the bag up...

good for the next wheeling trip.

Summer is almost here, Take'um in the pool with you.

thanks for all the tips.
i soaked it in the bathtub with hot water and dish soap.
then drained the water, and sprayed both sides of the strap with simple green then let that soak.
then used a scrub brush and scrubbed both sides then rinsed it. turned out pretty well.

throw muddy strap in back of jeep.
let mud dry.
give it a quick shake.
roll strap back up.
throw in the back of the jeep.

Back