• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trackbar

mattb

NAXJA Forum User
I'm about to replace the trackbar on my '96 cherokee. I'm looking for an adjustable one since I've got a 3.5" of lift. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm leaning towards Rusty's Offroad since that's where my lift is from.

Also i need to replace my motor mounts (driver side is destroyed.) should I just go stock or are the MORE mounts and others really better?

Thanks,

Matt

Last edited:
Go with ORGS or RE adjustable tracbar. Don't waste your $$$ on the Rusty's tracbar.
Depending upon what your wallet has in it.... you can either replace the motor mounts with stock for about $20 ea or go with the MORE for about $125 for the set. The high durometer rubber ones by MORE will far outlast the factory mounts, but also transmit some motor noise through the uni-frame.

I'd skip Rusty's and the RE1600 trackbar with your 3" lift. The ORGS bar is the only of the three that correctly bends around the differential. I had Rusty's bar with his soft coil springs, and smacked my diff under compression even on the street. After comparing the RE1600 trackbar, it would be no different IMO.
ORGS. $.02

I'll third the ORGS recommendation, my ORGS TB was awesome. I built my new one after their design. Do a search on "Rusty's broken trackbar" and you'll probably find enough to turn your stomach.

Cheap ISNT good when your LIFE is on the line. :D

I agree with Ronbo in that my RE trackbar's nut smacked the diff cover for awhile, but just barely and only at almost full compression. But now there's just a worn spot on the surface of the cover and I'm not so sure it still causes any damage. :)

While on the subject of trackbars....Would it be possible and safe to modify the trackbar where it attaches to the axle housing by using a modification where you can disconnect your trackbar before hitting the trail??? Just wondering.NAXJA member#579

I have Rusty's tracbar, and it does hit the diff cover. His motor mounts are great though, I'd reccomend them.

For lifts under 4 inches the Teraflex track bar is great. It's bent around the diff and doesn't have to have one end removed to adjust the length. I've had mine for 2 years so far without a problem.

Back