• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

INstalled another set of spacers, still rake on XJ

mark268

NAXJA Forum User
Ok guys, trying to get rid of a 2"+ in rake on the 87 XJ.

Originally I have 3" rough country coils and 2" spacers, rear are 3" rusty's spring packs and 1 3/4 shackles. After this install I had a 2"+ rake.

I decided to ad another set of 2" spacers to front to try removing the rake. I finished it last night along with installing a set or LCA's. It appears I still have the rake.
WHAT IS GOING ON HERE! I am sooo confused. Could they have sent me 4.5 rear spring packs?

you want it to sit level... you really have to wait for the new springs to "settle" a little first.. over the last 2 months my 2.5" AAL has settld to its advertised height from the initail 3.5".. to fix it i would have removed the shackles rather than add another spacer.. how much of your bump-stop is actually inside the coil springs now? cant be much.... lose the shackle and let it settle a while..
mike

were you running the 2in spacers and 3in coils with the stock LCAs? my question has nothing to do with yours.

but as for your question i agree with mike. take out the shackles and let the packs settle

removing shackles is not an option. Stock shackles had to be cut off due to rusted bolts, new ones cost $33 each at dealership.

Dude, get some ACOS, and quite pulling those springs out, putting them back, pulling them out, etc....

the Acos are fully adjustable from 1.25 to about 3" lift...

put em in and be done with it:anon:

ACOS, are those adjustable coil spacers?

It does suck pulling springs. Darn pain in the butt getting it all back together by yourself but trying to stay as cheap as possible.

Back