• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Alternative leaf spring bushings?

QuiGonGene

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 1998 Cherokee 4x4 that I am about to replace the leaf springs on. I got the new springs, Rancho RS44148 today, and discovered that they have totally different bushings than the stock springs! I wasn't expecting that, and the nice new set of Moog bushings that I just got are useless to me now. That's what I get for not looking under my Jeep before I ordered stuff. I see now that Rancho's bushing and u-bolt set, RS746, is what goes with these springs, but I am not a big fan of poly bushings, and I was planning to re-use my original axle u-bolts.
So, my question is, does anyone know of alternative bushings that fit this application? Hopefully rubber?
Meanwhile, if anyone needs a complete set of Moog bushings for the factory leaf springs, let me know. I'll be listing the ones I just bought on eBay tomorrow.
Thanks!

Re-using u bolts is not advised.

Where in tx are you? Check out the red river chapter

Back