• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

renix air filter

outlander

NAXJA Forum User
What are you using?Do you notice any performance gains or increased mileage?Trying to figure out if a $40-50 filter is worth the money....I will be keeping the stock air box indefinately becuase I have a cowl snorkle rigged to it.....

thanks!!

Last edited:
JP Mag and others have tested the replacement filters with the stock air box and found very little gain. I went with the K&N system and there was quite a bost in performance. Save your money if you are going to use the stocl air box.

Save your pennies and stroke your engine later - it's probably the best mod going; in terms of power/dollar, overall reliability, and useful power.

Bored throttle bodies (according to reports from the field) make the trottle response a little quicker, but that's about it. The OEM throttle body (even on RENIX...) will flow enough to keep the engine fed - even a stroker. Larger injectors are only really useful when you've increased the engine's basic displacement (bored/stroked,) forced induction is a lot of work (especially turbochargers!) and getting happy with giggle juice can make you end up eating engines like popcorn.

Just hold onto the $50 you've got, and add to it as you go.

Back