• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

transfer case options

txredxj

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 350 trans 4wd and i would like to know what my options are as far as what i can use with the driver side output. i would like to do this on a budget so i will most likely hunt the junk yards.

you could do a GM NP203 to ford NP205. You only have to purchase one adapter that way. DS drop and double low. The cases would be cheap, probably less then $800 including adapter.

Yeap, I got about $700 in mine right now. Of course they are not in the jeep yet either!

Yea I have th400-203-205, Id do the the same with a th350.

I used the JEds machining doubler friends with Stazworks. It was $450 for the adaptor. You can buy it welded or un welded. I bought it un-welded then clocked the 205 to where it fit and welded it up.

Other options Id look at would be Th350-203-d300.

havening a rear twin sticked case is loads of fun, the 4:1 is a must have, doing front digs is SWEET.

You want a 79 Ford style 205, I dotn know which rear chvey 's had the 203 behind a th350. My Chevy th400 was a 1ton 1979, The 1/2 ton might have the th350-203...

jmop said:
2x on a Jed's adapter. Thats what I went with as well.

Looks like he has a new design so even after you weld it you can clock it some.

http://www.jedsmachining.com/541397.html

x3 on that one! It is sitting in my office right now with the billet shaft waiting to be put in.

You can use Duffy's or Mad Rooster's 231 doubler kit, and then flip a D300 behind it. There are a few low cost ways to flip the 300.

The 203/205 is another good, very strong option.

Can you run a drivers side drop t-case behind the mad rooster 231 box?

The box keeps some of the t-case that sticks out on the drivers side.
a ford 205 behind it has the DS front output further form the t-cas then a flipped d300. a D300 the frount output is pretty close to the tranny and doubler might not fit...

has it been done with DS drop?

ashmanjeepxj said:
Can you run a drivers side drop t-case behind the mad rooster 231 box?

The box keeps some of the t-case that sticks out on the drivers side.
a ford 205 behind it has the DS front output further form the t-cas then a flipped d300. a D300 the frount output is pretty close to the tranny and doubler might not fit...

has it been done with DS drop?

Yeah, but I believe you end up flipping the NP231 around too.

Budget wise you would spend quite a bit more using a NP231 and D300. You have to buy 2 adapters instead of one and you have to flip the 300.

It would give a better crawl ratio and be quite a bit lighter though.

Jeds does have a NP203 to D300 adapter though. You would need to flip the 300 still.

i have a recently rebuilt th350 and tranfercase out of a 1/2 ton 81 chevy. i also have a newly rebuilt 350 and t case but i dont know what year it was. 85 1/2 ton maybe. i dont know what tcases they are. doese anyone know what they might be?

Back