• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

battery

In the books at my work there is a cross reference guide to every battery that tells CA, CCA, and dimensions (in inches of course). A group 75 or group 78 Exide Orbital will fit in your battery tray nicely. The group numbers are industry standards and not battery manufacturer specific. Just like dry cells such as AA, AAA, C, or D cells etc. You might try visiting Exide's or Interstate's websites to try and see if they post the battery specs on them. The metric conversion is up to you.

wilson said:
looking for a deep cycle.

The Optima D34/78 Yellow Top fits just fine if you've got a 2000 or 2001 6-cylinder XJ; just be sure to use the included spacers to make it sit properly in the tray. Can't speak for other years, though.

Langer1
I, forgot to say that the jeep is parked about an hour and a half frome my home, for the winter due to all the salt they put on the road here.(salt is for food or killing slugs) I just parked it and its killing me, and when i got home i thought about a new battery because i put the old one in my winter piece of shat.
thanks for the help all of you
92 cherokee 4.0

Last edited:
Back